VtSHP is a non for profit organization with the following objectives:
- To advance public health by promoting the professional interests of Pharmacists practicing in hospitals and other organized health care settings.
- To foster pharmaceutical services aimed at drug use control and rational drug therapy.
- To develop professional standards for pharmaceutical services.
- To foster an adequate supply of well trained, competent pharmacists and technicians and other associated personnel.
- To developing and conduct programs for maintaining and improving competence of pharmacists and technicians and associated personnel.
- To disseminate information about pharmaceutical services and rational drug use.
- To improve communication among pharmacists, other members of the health care industry, and the public.
- To promote research in the health and pharmaceutical sciences and in pharmaceutical services.
- To promote the economic welfare of pharmacists, technicians and other associated personnel.